Yokoso Japan! - 25th & 26th March 2010

1:43 PM

Woohoo...I have spent a total of 16 days vacation in Japan. It was the sakura season and I went there at the right time when cherryblossoms were in full bloom in Kyoto, Tokyo and some other places. It was an expensive country to go but the experience was well worth the money. \^.^/

25th March 2010 (Thu) evening


KLIA --------------------------------------->> Kansai Airport @ Osaka

At KLIA waiting for check-in, the flight was 11:55pm.



The line waiting for check-in was long......





The plane I boarded was a small. I remember the last time I boarded one was bigger than this, but why is this so small??? Oh.... ok ... It's a B777, the seats were small and I was placed to sit in the center, it was difficult to get in and to get out, and somemore I was sitting between 2 big men, even the stewardess could hardly notice me. =.=

I could not really sleep and felt hungry at the same time, but they only served light snacks at that time.



When I nearly fell asleep around 4am, they called people to wake up and have breakfast. =.=""""""""" At that hour, I think I need sleep more than food. Somemore the breakfast was not nice.

It was something like steamed fish with potatoes.





26th March 2010 (Fri)

It took about 5.5 hours to reach Kansai Airport @ Osaka and the queue to pass thru immigration check took about 30 minutes.



We proceed to the courier service counter to courier our luggage to the hotel in Himeji so that we do not have to drag along the big luggage through out the journey until we reach Himeji. But for me, my hand luggage was heavy enough!

Walking around the shops @ Kansai airport but I wasn't in the mood to see anything because I was carrying my hand luggage all the way and it was heavy!





Finally get to the JR station to get the Seishun 18 kippu which means something like "Youthful 18 Ticket" for 2300Yen per day. We bought 2, 1 for today's use to get to Takamatsu, another one was kept for later use.





The station was very big and spacious, easy to move around.




Typical types of train ticket machines.







~~~~~~~~The journey to Takamatsu~~~~~~~~

Kansai Airport ------> Osaka Station ------> Himeji Station ------> Banshu Ako Station ------> Aioi Station ------> Okayama Station ------> Takamatsu Station ------(Change to local train)------> Kawaramachi Station ------ (Walked 7 to 10 min) ------> Takamatsu City Hotel.

Total time spent for the day was about 7 hours to reach Takamatsu, so that day was a "Train Day". All day was about train rides. Of course in between we stopped for an hour or so for lunch.







@ Osaka Station ~ stopped by to have lunch @ Deli cafe : Spagetti with prawns & Brocolli (very very rich!) & Orange juice



@ Takamatsu ~ Stopped by at convenient store - Lawson to get our dinner. I wanted to have a proper dinner but it was late and cold, so just wanted to check-in and stay indoor for the rest of the night. So I just settled for an Onigiri, cup noodle & a lemon chicken fillet.




@ Takamatsu City Hotel
A 20 min walk from train station to the hotel. It could had been faster but we had problem finding our way so we spent twice the time to get there.

The rooms were bigger and better than my expectation so I was quite satisfied with it.




Can't expect much for the hotel bathroom in Japan. It is small!



This is quite a nice business hotel located conveniently near the train station. It has 2 pc at the lobby with free internet access.
~~~~~~~~About the Day~~~~~~~~
The day was spent solely for train rides to get to Takamatsu (Approx. 6 hours of train rides =.="""""")

The weather was very cold (around 5° C and wind temperature was -4° C). When the wind blew my hands become numb. @.@""""

~~~~~~~~About $~~~~~~~~
Courier luggage to hotel in Himeji
1810 yen

Seishun 18 kippu
4600 yen (2300 yen x 2)

Lunch
Free (friend paid)

Local train ticket from Takamatsu ---> Kawaramachi
180 yen

Dinner
330 yen (Onigiri 125 yen; Cup noodle 105 yen; fried chicken filet 100 yen)

Total: 6920 yen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Soup of the day

Subscribe