Eat & Shop @ Himeji

11:47 AM

After we came out from the main gate of Himeji Castle, we went across the road, there are a row of shops selling souvenirs and food stuff.

I saw a shop and black board outside, with a photo sticked on it, the prices of lunch is particularly cheap, I got excited and I thought I have to try that. :D

Ok, I ordered this - anago gohan. When it was served, I was surprised by how small the bowl of rice is. The portion was like 1/3 of the normal portion of a bowl of rice. LOL. And it was brown rice.




I thought the fish was unagi, but it was not. LOL, I don't know what fish was that. It may look big in the photo, but it's small. LOL :D

But for price of 350 Yen, at that tourist attraction area, what more can I expect :D

For people who loves fancy souvenir stuff, this place offers a slightly cheaper bargain for the same thing that you could also get in Kyoto. This was what I noticed when I reached Kyoto later. @.@

Dinner Time^^

That day I had my dinner @ Matsuya.

Matsuya restaurant style is like a fastfood chain in Japan which opens 24 hours. Every city I went, I saw Matsuya. ^^




How it works......

1. After get into the shop, buy ticket of what food you want from the machine that they put near the entrance.

2. Sit down and pass the ticket to the waiter, and wait to be served.

This is a typical style of most Japanese restaurant. For this kind of shop, most people who eat there are the office workers, mostly men. After they finished their OT, they only want a quick meal and leave. I do notice they eat really fast. LOL ^^

I had this pork rice set with miso soup with pork inside @ 510 Yen. This rice is eaten with a raw egg, where they give me a raw egg, I had to crack open the egg into a bowl, stir it, and pour it on top of the rice, and eat with it. =.=""""""""""""




They gave very big bowl of rice and lots of meat, together with a big bowl of soup. The meal was quite ok, quite appetising despite the raw egg.

^^

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Soup of the day

Subscribe