Phua Chu Kang and Friends

12:16 PM

Sometimes life so stressed we need to have somewhere that allow us to destress and forget about all the nonsense temporarily. 

So I went to watch Phua Chu Kang's live comedy show at HGH Convention Centre located at Sentul.
Last time I used to watch his comedy on the TV, it's been years now and I can't believe this show is still alive, this time is "live". and this year Phua Chu Kang comedy will be celebrating 20th anniversary.





I thought I was going to be late because it says the show will start at 7pm. Ironically it's a norm / culture to be late, the show didn't start at 7pm, it dragged til almost 8pm.




   This is the cheapest ticket (RM162). Seating was pretty far behind, almost near to the exit and only popcorn was given for free. (1 free popcorn for 1 ticket).

There were other finger food and drinks available for purchase outside the hall. I bought the coconut water and regretted it big time because it tastes super weird, doesn't taste like coconut at all. >.<




Enjoying my popcorn while waiting for show to start. I managed to finished them all before the show starts.




Here comes the funny guy. When he first came out, the hall's atmosphere came alive at once as the famous Phua Chu Kang music started playing. All of his jokes involved audiences, at the meantime, he could give out backstage passes to those who were sporting enough to go on the stage and have a fun time with him. I had a good laugh, really. However, he shared the stage with a couple of his friends, where they took turns to come on stage to put on their show. I think Phua Chu Kang's part simply wasn't enough. 









There was a performance by a local artist like warm-up performance - Kael and the Gangster Squad. I'm not sure who is he, and no one was paying much attention to him because everyone was waiting for the main character of the night. Nevertheless, Kael had put a good effort in this show for the that night. It was like his own mini concert. When the whole Phua Chu Kang & friends show came to an end, Kael came out to sing again, but this time no one really cares because everyone was leaving the hall:O. I feel a sense of compassion for him and so I guess he deserved abit of shout out, so out of curiosity I wanted to find out who is this guy.

Who is Kael?

I went on to google and found his facebook page.

Here's his facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/officiallykael/

OK, apparently he is a local singer who has release his own debut Malay single.












See you again ....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Soup of the day

Subscribe